Irwin death video: It’s only a matter of time

When Steve Irwin died from an encounter with a stingray recently, his death was caught on video. The video was not made public, and as far as we know, only law enforcement people involved have access to it. I hope it’s never made public — but I bet it will find its way onto the Internet eventually. His death was a major news event, and Irwin was a big celebrity, so it’s not unreasonable to expect that someone will leak it. At which point it will spread around the Internet at breakneck speed.

Remember the terrorist videos of beheadings a while back? Yep, those ended up online. All it takes is one sick individual to post something like that, then boom. It’s available for everyone to see.

In the old world of media, we’d never see something like the video recording of Steve Irwin’s actual death. Editors at news organizations around the world would exercise restraint and protect the public from such ugly content. In the world of Internet media, it’s almost inevitable that no matter how ugly or sick or shocking, video like this will be available for anyone with a desire to view it.

It’s only a matter of time before this happens with the Irwin death video. That’s the reality, no matter how much we wish it wasn’t so.

116 Responses to "Irwin death video: It’s only a matter of time"

1. sarah witt
    sarah witt 9 years ago .Reply

hey terri blindi bob i am so sorry about steve's death it was sad to see australia's best mate die to the animals there are still alot of people caring for u terri and bob blindi are still here i have just finished reading stve irwin's book it taken me more then a year to read it because it always made me cry to bob (robert) mate dont worrie ur dad love u heaps ive meet steve once and i tell u what all he did was talk about his family and animals he said thats all i care abou god bless u steve ur a great man every one cares about you no one will forget about you

2. daniel
    daniel 9 years ago .Reply

Dear terri,

3. daniel
    daniel 9 years ago .Reply

Dear terri, i am so sorry our beloved steve died i have made several powerpoints and played them on Steve Irwin day

4. Annie Surridge
    Annie Surridge 9 years ago .Reply

Hi its Annie again
    I still remember all the animals and my favourite Alagater was Annie
    of course
    It was one of the best things i did in Queensland
    Im very exited to see how big Aussie Zoo was and how well it runs
    ITS THE BEST ZOO IN A BILLION YEARS
    Love Annie Surridge

5. Annie Surridge
    Annie Surridge 9 years ago .Reply

Hi its Annie again I went to the zoo in 2007 and it felt like i was at Disney Land thats how big it was. I still remember all the animals and my favourite Alagater was Annie of course It was one of the best things i did in Queensland Im very exited to see how big Aussie Zoo was and how well it runs ITS THE BEST ZOO IN A BILLION YEARS Love Annie Surridge

6. DENNIS MARTINEZ
    DENNIS MARTINEZ 9 years ago .Reply

WE LOVE YOU STEVE IRWIN AND MY SON NATHAN MISS YOU SO MUCH LOTS OF LOVE FOR BINDI N YOUR WIFE MAY GOD HAVE YOU IN YOR HANDS

7. Hamda
    Hamda 9 years ago .Reply

hi bindi

8. Hamda
    Hamda 9 years ago .Reply

hi bindi my name is hamda and iam 9 year old and i love your show, i watch it every wensday and i feel sorry that your dad is deid. i was thinging that if you give me your phone number we can chat ok. bye bindi and good night.

9. laura & montana
    laura & montana 9 years ago .Reply

hi Bindi,
    we love your show and your new cd is totally awesome.
    we have both got your bindi kidfitness and both love it.
    both of us have been on the Australia Zoo website a few times.
    by for now. from Montana Ledgar and Laura Elliott

10. laura & mont
    laura & mont 9 years ago .Reply

hi Bindi, we love your show and your new cd is totally awesome. we have both got your bindi kidfitness and both love it. both of us have been on the Australia Zoo website a few times. montana has been to the zoo a couple of times and loved it but I ( laura) have only seen pictures. you are our favourite young kid celebrity. congratulations on winning 2 nickolodean kids choice awards. by for now. from Montana Ledgar and Laura Elliott

11. Aaron (england)
    Aaron (england) 9 years ago .Reply

steve my biggest hero still havent got over it yet reading your book cant put it down…. biggest fan all the things you did and how you did them amazed want to follow in your footsteps will hopefully one day meet you somewhere xx

12. THE MAHONEY FAMILY
    THE MAHONEY FAMILY 9 years ago .Reply

Steve Irwin your the greatest wildlife hunter ever.
    My family and I miss you.We enjoy seeing your family on the televison keeping your memory strong we were looking forward to you coming to L.A. to get this little gator out of this pond.The danger and sharing space with these beauty’s was amazing to say the least

13. THE MAHONEY FAMILY
    THE MAHONEY FAMILY 9 years ago .Reply

Steve Irwin your the greatest wildlife hunter ever. My family and I miss you.We enjoy seeing your family on the televison keeping your memory strong we were looking forward to you coming to L.A. to get this little gator out of this pond.The danger and sharing space with these beauty's was amazing to say the least MY SON TYLER AND DAUGHTER PAIGE grew up whatching you on animal plant. the snakes on land and sea the sea turtles .Steve o you have made a life lasting impression on my family forever and GOD be with you and your family as you are with mine as well.

14. DAR
    DAR 9 years ago .Reply

I think it is terrible that Bindy can’t “just be a child” her exploitaion of her is shameful. But, if you are going to exploit your children then you should give each of them equal time.

If Bindy is an success now what is there for her future.

Let her grow up first then be “Crock Girl”

15. DAR
    DAR 9 years ago .Reply

I think it is terrible that Bindy can't "just be a child" her exploitaion of her is shameful. But, if you are going to exploit your children then you should give each of them equal time. If Bindy is an success now what is there for her future. Let her grow up first then be "Crock Girl"

16. Jessica Hamm
    Jessica Hamm 9 years ago .Reply

I really enjoed wacthing steve irwin and bindi on there adventure together it was very neat him teaching her about crocidiles.