By Steve Outing
I feel really lucky to live in Boulder, Colorado. It’s an outdoor sports mecca — which is obviously convenient for my company, the Enthusiast Group, which publishes websites on outdoor and adventure sports (like YourMTB.com, our first).
This weekend, our town is host to the Boulder Adventure Film Festival and Dirt Days. (The latter is an outdoor fair and exposition held on Saturday.) Looks like a cool event, and the films will include appearances by many of Boulder’s celebrity adventurers.
Anyway, on the festival’s website is a fun rundown of Boulder’s “rep” as seen by the media. Here’s Boulder:
- “Best Sports Town” – Outside magazine
- “7th Best Running City” – Runner’s World Magazine
- “#6 in “The 100 Best Art Towns in America” by John Villani
- “Making a Difference in the Environment” – Delicious Living magazine
- “Nation’s reigning bike friendly community” – League of American Bicyclists
- “Best Overall Place to Live” – Men’s Journal
- “America’s 50 Healthiest Places to Live” – USA Today
- “Republic of Boulder cherishes independent identity” – Rocky Mountain News
- “Top Green and Clean City” – Modern Maturity
- “The Town that Can’t Sit Still” – The New York Times Magazine